It’s been a crazy start to 2011. In fact, the last few months have been an absolute whirlwind. Here are some noteworthy the projects we’ve been working on, with services ranging from consulting to custom email design & build using MailChimp to full websites built on either Wordpress or Buddypress.
Have a project you want to discuss? By all means - get in touch!
- A social network (built on Buddypress) designed specifically for expatriated Anglophones living in Paris. With illustrations and creative direction provided by Brighton-based FentonForeman, the project saw CarbonGraffiti design & optimise the interface & user experience and develop the site on the Buddypress platform. The result: a full-scale social network where expats can meet, interact and share tips on Parisian hotspots and life in Paris with one another. The site, built in HTML5 and using @font-face and other CSS3 goodies, uses media queries and responsive design to cater to a mobile audience. The site will go live in Q2, 2011.
- A multichannel solution for a professional speakers management company in Australia - CarbonGraffiti created and launched a rebranded, MailChimp newsletter and accompanying Wordpress-powered blog, to help the company grow their existing email marketing database and communicate with their readership more effectively. The project originally started as an RSS-driven campaign, but after determining the need for additional functionality, the campaign became a fully editable, branded newsletter to match the new blog style. The blog was built in HTML5 and will be used as the primary news and article section for the client’s existing website.
- Ongoing digital marketing consultation and campaign management for a startup specializing in the training and education of clinical research nurses. Services range from custom MailChimp template coding (based on a design by the illustrious Jon Hicks who also did the site design) to PPC and email marketing setup, management and consultation.
- Designed, developed and launched a website for a new startup offering premium accommodation to international students through purpose-built hotel-quality centres throughout the UK. The site, built in HTML5 and powered by Wordpress, uses media queries and responsive design to cater to a growing mobile audience. As a result of this successful phase, CarbonGraffiti has been invited to tender for the larger second phase of the company’s impressive growth trajectory.
- Continued 1-day email marketing workshops in central Brighton, covering the basics of email marketing, from history, jargon and best practices to a hands-on demo and case studies. The courses are offered at Silicon Beach Training in Brighton’s North Laines.
- Designed and developed a custom MailChimp email template for an LA-based actress, to be used as part of her promotional kit and new personal brand. Based on the success of the template, CarbonGraffiti has been commissioned to redesign and develop the full website and brand identity.
- Ongoing digital marketing support for a well-known Montreal-based ESP.
- Gave a presentation at English UK’s annual marketing conference at the Westminster Conference Centre in London, focusing on ‘The future of digital marketing’ as related to the English Language Training industry and the many challenges and opportunities it faces today.
- A few basic trade industry sites we’ve designed and/or coded in the past have now gone live, see them here. The Garatec site was built on Shopify, coded by CarbonGraffiti for a local web agency.
That's just the tip of the iceberg - we've worked with some great clients not included in the above list, and are always on the look out for more. If you want to be one of them, get in touch today.